Technical Accountant, Part-Time
Technical Accountants play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial reporting within an organization. This senior-level position is responsible for providing technical expertise on accounting standards, researching and resolving complex accounting issues, and developing and implementing accounting policies and procedures.
About our company
I started this company with my husband and co-founder, Ewan Hay, with two main objectives in mind: 1) provide our clients with the best possible value-driven resources and 2) build a talented pool of consultants by re-engaging working parents who have left full-time work for a better work-life balance.
We offer tailored consulting and project support, filling any organizational gaps; as well as sustained Interim/Fractional CFO, talent management, and part-time expertise. We strive to ensure clarity and stability in your financial journey.
- Technical Accounting Expertise: Stay updated on the latest accounting standards and regulations (e.g., GAAP, IFRS) and provide guidance on their application to financial transactions and reporting.
- Accounting Policy Development: Develop and maintain the company’s accounting policies and procedures, ensuring they align with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Complex Accounting Issues: Analyze and resolve complex accounting issues and transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, revenue recognition, lease accounting, and other non-routine matters.
- Financial Reporting Oversight: Oversee the preparation and review of financial statements, footnotes, and disclosures to ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Internal Controls: Ensure the effectiveness of internal controls related to financial reporting, identify weaknesses, and implement improvements.
- Technical Accounting Research: Conduct research and analysis of emerging accounting issues and provide recommendations to senior management and auditors.
- Financial Statement Audits: Collaborate with external auditors during the annual financial statement audit process and respond to audit inquiries.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with other departments, including finance, legal, and treasury, to address accounting-related matters and provide guidance on financial transactions.
- Training and Development: Train and mentor accounting staff on technical accounting matters and ensure their understanding of accounting policies and procedures.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with all relevant accounting standards, regulations, and reporting requirements.